How to Post on Anthroposophy in the Bay Area & Beyond if you are a registered user/poster:
- LOG IN. Make sure you have the user login and password information you received via email. Go to the Anthroposophy in the Bay Area & Beyond site. Scroll to the bottom of the page. In the white footer, you will find “LOG IN.” Click on LOG IN and give your credentials.
- DASHBOARD. Go to the sites dashboard area. Access it by hovering over the sites name on the Word Press toolbar that is now showing near the top of your page. Click on “Dashboard.”
- POST. Click on the “Post’ button that shows on the toolbar on the left side of the page. It has a pushpin icon. Click on ‘Add New’ to add a new post, or “All Posts” and then select to edit an old one.
- TITLE. Once you are on the Post page, the first thing you need to do is give your post a title. This is very important, because the title becomes part of the URL for the post. Think of your title as a headline. It should communicate just enough to let readers know if they’ll want to read the whole text or not. Please use as few words as possible. You can include a more complete header at the beginning of your post text, if necessary. For events, indicate the general geographic area of the event as well as the date in the title if possible.
- WRITE YOUR POST. Write your post in the large white area on the post page; each paragraph or image is considered its own “block” and can be formatted individually. Editing tools will show up depending on what kind of block you are entering. Note that you can also use cut and paste tools to bring in your text from your own word processing program or text editor. You may format the text with features such as bullet points, quotes, and bold or italic text. Access those features from the toolbar located above. You may also insert hyperlinks using the hyperlink button which looks like a piece of chain on a diagonal: first, highlight the text that you want users to click on, then click on the hyperlink button and provide the URL for the link. If your group or organization has a website, you may want to link to it in your post so readers can find out more about you. As in any kind of publication, readers will read information that is well-labeled, clear, articulate and concise. They will often disregard articles that are lengthy and without a picture or short chunks of text (short paragraphs).
- MEDIA (PICTURE). Please add one picture to your post if it is appropriate. Do this by clicking on the “Add Media” button, or the + plus sign in a block area. You have the option of selecting an image from the Media Library or uploading a new image from your computer. Click on “Upload Files,” “Select Files,” and wait for your image to upload. Add a caption if appropriate, especially to credit artists. You may want to select Alignment: Center for best results. Leave the size as is, as you can adjust it once it is included in the post.
- CATEGORY. On the right hand side of the post page, be SURE to click the Category either of NEWS or EVENTS. This will make it easier for readers to find your news or announcement when they are on the site. By default, posts are labelled as Events.
- TAGS (Optional). Also on the right hand side of the post page, you have the option of adding tags to your post. Tags are used to search for posts. You might include a few words like “Waldorf”, “medicine”, “lecture”, “study” or your hosting organization name. You can add tags by typing them in the box, separated by commas, or you may use preexisting tags by clicking on them below the box.
- PUBLISH. On the right hand side of the post page, click on the “Publish” button to publish your post immediately, or “Save” to save a draft to publish later. You can edit the post at any time. If you are a Contributor, but not an Author, your post will need to be approved by an administrator before it will show up on the website. If you have any questions or concerns, contact the webmaster using the Contact page. Thank you for being an active participant of Anthroposophy in the Bay Area & Beyond!